Haddad reinforces confidence in the tax framework: “They are trying to distort what I said”

by Andrea
0 comments

Finance Minister Fernando Haddad made a post on X on Monday, 24, to reinforce the message that he is comfortable with the current tax parameters, and which he argues to reinforce them. He wrote that there was an attempt to distort his statements at an event promoted by the Economic value.

“They are trying to distort what I now said at an event of the Valor. I said I like the fiscal framework architecture. That I am comfortable with your current parameters. And that I argue to reinforce them with measures like last year. For the future, he said the parameters may even change if the circumstances change, but I advocate the fulfillment of the goals that were set by the current government, ”the minister posted on the social network.

During the participation in a seminar held on Monday by ValorHaddad said the rule parameters may be changed when there is greater debt stability, inflation and interest. He argued, however, that the architecture of the framework – well seen by experts and risk agencies – is not changed.

Haddad reinforces confidence in the tax framework: “They are trying to distort what I said”

The minister gave the statement by commenting on the recent speech of the Planning Minister, Simone Tebet, that the next president will not be able to rule with the current framework, so that, according to her, the country has to take advantage of next year’s opportunity to advance in a structural adjustment of public accounts.

“If you project in the medium and long term, you will see that the parts may not fit all over the framework. So from this point of view, I commune with this perspective,” said Haddad. “No one disagrees that you will have to make adjustments to the machine. You are driving a car, you do not go to your destination without stopping in a mechanics, without gasoline. You will have to make repairs to the machine to walk well. But I think from the point of view of the architecture, I am comfortable with the current model,” he added.

Haddad reinforced, during the event of the Valorthe commitment to the framework of the framework. “We will continue to pursue the goals that were set. We trusted the drawing that was made in 2023. We could have to change, that would have been no sin. The mistake is not changing when you see a need. No one is stubborn in the face of evidence,” he said.

Continues after advertising

He pointed out that the government’s environment has yielded good results, thus being favorable to fulfill the goal. He stressed, however, that the adjustment of public accounts does not only depend on his folder. “It won’t be a ministry that will save the country. This is a harmony between the three powers. We depend a lot on the legislature to continue to pursue these goals,” said the minister.

Haddad also noted that the government could have spent between $ 16 billion and $ 17 billion more last year if it was not targeting the center of the goal, to zero the primary account deficit. “I prefer to answer for what I did to signal what we intend to do,” said the minister when he answered if the government will, if necessary, blockages and contingency to pursue the same goal this year.

Source link

You may also like

Our Company

News USA and Northern BC: current events, analysis, and key topics of the day. Stay informed about the most important news and events in the region

Latest News

@2024 – All Right Reserved LNG in Northern BC