8/1 fugitives will have extradition judged in Argentina – 02/04/2025 – Power

by Andrea
0 comments

Almost five months after convicted of participating in the scammer acts of January 8, 2023, only five were arrested. Now they are about to go to trial in Buenos Aires.

The group’s extradition request hearings, arrested more than four months ago, will be scheduled for this month of April or May. They were expected to occur in February, but resources presented by the defenses (and denied) delayed the process.

The decision is in charge of Judge Daniel Rafecas, head of the 3rd Federal Court. The hearings of the five fugitives, detained in Grande, will be held in about two days, and they may appeal to the Supreme Court if the magistrate confirms the extradition to Brazil. The Court of Appeals has already rejected the defense’s actions.

In conversation with the report, Judge Rafecas says he see a “clear coordinated action to escape Argentina”, given the low number of detainees since he signed the arrest warrants. It is known that some of the fugitives who were in Argentina are now in the United States and Mexico, for example. They make the way for land.

They were arrested by the Argentine security forces: (convicted in Brazil to 17 years in prison); Rodrigo de Freitas Moro Ramalho (14 years in prison); (13 years in prison); (17 years in prison) and Ana Paula de Souza (14 years in prison).

The case drew attention, among other reasons, because the five were asking for refuge in Argentina on the grounds that they would be persecuted politicians. The laws of refuge in the country say that a applicant, in theory, cannot be extradited until his request is evaluated by the migratory body, which tends to take years.

Last October, however,. It is unclear whether the fugitives of January 8 would fit this description before the optics of local justice.

In any case, previously seen as a possible ally who would give them asylum in Argentina, but so far has not moved any action that visited them. Some of the five prisoners recently wrote letters from inside the prison that later announced to the public.

Ana Paula de Souza, for example, said in the text expect that “” liberated, carajo “is more concrete action than words in the wind.” It referred to the government’s motto, which claims to defend economic and individual freedoms above all. The group claims to consider their prison illegal, and some claim that they never imagined being arrested in Milei Argentina.

So far, the Argentine government only made a public statement on the subject, when in the middle of last year the spokesman for Milei, the future candidate for deputy in Buenos Aires Manuel Adorni ,.

The federal deputy (PL-SP), and licensed to the mandate, to whom he visited in jail.

source

You may also like

Our Company

News USA and Northern BC: current events, analysis, and key topics of the day. Stay informed about the most important news and events in the region

Latest News

@2024 – All Right Reserved LNG in Northern BC