Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz announced on Wednesday (2) a major expansion of military operation in Gaza involving the taking of large land areas that would be “incorporated into Israel’s safety zones.”
The operation would also involve “large -scale empties Gaza’s population in combat zones,” the statement said without specifying details.
Katz said the military operation would expand to “crush and clean terrorists and terror infrastructure while taking large areas that would be incorporated into the safety zone of“.
The Israeli military spokesman informed the Arab media that he issued on Tuesday (1st) an order of evacuation for residents of the Rafah area in southern Gaza, ordering them to move north.
Last month, an Israeli officer and a second source familiar with the matter said CNN That Israel was making plans for a potential great terrestrial offensive that would involve sending tens of thousands of troops to combat to clean and occupy large areas of the enclave.
Katz’s declaration on Wednesday did not specify whether additional Israeli troops would be involved in expanded operation.