President of Ecuador asks for military support to the US in a meeting with Trump

by Andrea
0 comments

According to Daniel Noboa, Trump said he will ‘review’ the equator’s request to include ‘on the terrorist list’ local factions with international connections

EFE/José Jácome
Noboa is in full political campaign with a view to the second round of April 13

The president of Ecuador, said on Tuesday (1), that he requested military support to the president of, in the fight against drug trafficking, during a “positive” meeting among the rulers over the weekend. In an interview with “Susise Radio,” Noboa said Ecuador is open to international bases. “They (United States) will help patrol not only drug trafficking, but also the illegal fishing themes that affects us so much.”

Recently, the agent suggested to the congress that eliminates from the Constitution the prohibition of establishing foreign military bases such as Washington had until 2009 at the Fishing Port of Manta (Southwest) for anti -drug flights. He also announced an alliance with Erik Prince, founder of the questioned American security company Blackwater, whose employees killed and wounded dozens of civilians in Iraq.

“A group of them is already coming to these days to the country. We will start the first work sessions with them. So far we are talking about advisers, training, but not necessarily their presence here will be limited to these two themes,” said Defense Minister Gian Carlo Loffredo, in a television interview.

“It is not simply for foreign troops to come here and do whatever they want. Everyone is subject to the law, (…) to supervision and direct cooperation with our Armed Forces and the police,” said Noboa.

Noboa, 37, is one of the leading United States allies in Latin America and seeks international support in the war against factions that reach the country. Trump said he will “review” Ecuador’s request to include “on the list of terrorists” local factions with international connections, according to the president.

He is in full political campaign with a view to the second round of April 13, in which the surveys foresee a fierce dispute against Luisa González.

*With information from AFP

Posted by Nátaly Tenório

source

You may also like

Our Company

News USA and Northern BC: current events, analysis, and key topics of the day. Stay informed about the most important news and events in the region

Latest News

@2024 – All Right Reserved LNG in Northern BC