STF Decrees Jair Bolsonaro’s nephew pre -trial detention for breaking precautions

by Andrea
0 comments

Minister Alexandre de Moraes of the Federal Supreme Court (STF) determined on Wednesday (2) the pre-trial detention of Leonardo Rodrigues de Jesus, known as Leo Indian, accused of involvement in the coup acts of 8 January 2023. The decision complied with the request of the Attorney General, Paulo Gonet, based on.

According to the Attorney General’s Office (PGR), Leo Indian has been in Argentina for over 20 days. Although not initially forbidden to leave Brazil, he had his passports canceled by order of the STF. In a recent interview, the influencer confirmed that he is abroad and said he sought political asylum to “preserve his physical, moral and intellectual integrity.”

In the arrest request, Gonet argued that “by evading to Argentina, Leonardo Rodrigues de Jesus deliberately disregarded an alternative precautionary measure to prison, highlighting his insufficiency, the neglect of the application of criminal law and disrespect to the decisions of the Supreme Court.”

STF Decrees Jair Bolsonaro's nephew pre -trial detention for breaking precautions

Last week, Leo Índio recorded a video sent to the radio Massa FMfrom Cascavel (PR), in which he harshly criticized the PL, other right-wing parties and the mayor, Hugo Motta (Republicans-PB), for not prioritizing the amnesty project involved in the January 2023 extremist acts.

Last Thursday (27), the first class of the Supreme Court formed a majority to reject an appeal from the defense of Leo Indian and maintain his condition as a defendant. PGR’s complaint argues that he had “active participation in the planning, incitement and execution” of attacks on the headquarters of the three powers.

Leo Indian denies any involvement in an attempted blow. “While innocent, I will continue to enjoy my right to come and go, until the process that put me in the refutable condition of defendant for pure and exclusively political persecution has completed,” he said.

Continues after advertising

With the new arrest order, Leonardo Rodrigues de Jesus is considered a fugitive from Brazilian justice. The STF is expected to trigger diplomatic channels to request its extradition if the permanence in Argentina is confirmed.

Source link

You may also like

Our Company

News USA and Northern BC: current events, analysis, and key topics of the day. Stay informed about the most important news and events in the region

Latest News

@2024 – All Right Reserved LNG in Northern BC