Chatgpt versus musk: Billionaire action against OpenAi will be tried next year

by Andrea
0 comments

The billionaire Elon Musk’s lawsuit against OpenAi will be taken to trial in 2026, during spring in the United States, decided on Friday the federal judge who chairs the case.

Last month, OpenAi and Musk agreed to accelerate the trial of OpenAi’s transition to a profit-for-profit company, the latest turnaround between the richest person in the world and OpenAi’s chief executive, Sam Altman, who has been taking place publicly in the courts.

Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers of the US District Court to Northern California had denied Musk’s request to suspend OpenAi’s transition to a for -profit model and instead proposed an accelerated trial.

Chatgpt versus musk: Billionaire action against OpenAi will be tried next year

Musk cofunded OpenAi with Altman in 2015, but left before the company took off and later in 2023 founded the rival startup Xai. , in a business that evaluates X at $ 33 billion and allows the value of your artificial intelligence company to be shared with co -plating in X.

Last year, Musk, who is also Tesla’s executive president, sued OpenAi and Altman, accusing OpenAi to deviate from its founding mission-to develop for the good of humanity, not to corporate profit.

OpenAi and Altman deny the allegations, while Altman says Musk is trying to slow down a competitor.

Continues after advertising

What is at stake in the lawsuit is the transition from ChatgPT creator to a for -profit business model, which the startup says it is crucial to raising more capital and competing effectively in the running face.

Altman, who states that OpenAi is not on sale, this year rejected an unquited offer of $ 97.4 billion for a consortium -led by Musk consortium.

Source link

You may also like

Our Company

News USA and Northern BC: current events, analysis, and key topics of the day. Stay informed about the most important news and events in the region

Latest News

@2024 – All Right Reserved LNG in Northern BC