“How Stanley Kubrick would have done,” says director of “Fantastic Four”

by Andrea
0 comments

The director Matt Shakmanresponsible for the new film “Fantastic Four”revealed some details about the assembly of the new production. The work debuts in theaters in July 24 This year and gives incidence to phase six of Marvel’s cinematic universe (MCU).

To Empire magazine, Shakman said the inspiration for filming was the filmmaker’s style Stanely Kubrick (“The Enlightened”, “mechanical orange”).

“I really wanted it to seem that it was done in 1965, the way Stanley Kubrick would have done,” he said.

Set in the 1960s, Reed Richard (Mr. Fantástico), Sue Strom (invisible woman), Johnny Storm (human torch) and Ben Grimm (thing) are forced to balance family life with superheroes. They must defend the land of Galactus, a god of space, and the silver surfer, who intend to end the planet.

Matt Shakman also revealed that he bet on scenarios and practical props. The production included a four -meter spacecraft miniature, similar to how Kubrick used miniatures in 2001: A odyssey in space. ”

“We use old lenses and adopted an approach to film production that looks more of the time,” the director explained.

“And there is no easter eggs … eventually, this world will meet with other worlds but, for now, is our own corner,” he concluded.

The new adaptation of Marvel’s comics is starring (“The Bear”), Vanessa Kirby (“Napoleão”),  (“The Last of Us”) e  (“Stranger Things).

The plot was adapted to the big screen previously, in 1994 and 2005.

Watch the “Fantastic Quarteto” teaser

source

You may also like

Our Company

News USA and Northern BC: current events, analysis, and key topics of the day. Stay informed about the most important news and events in the region

Latest News

@2024 – All Right Reserved LNG in Northern BC