The presenter’s defense suggests that her shutdown from the station may be related to the case: ‘In September, she takes it to the compliance, and in February it is turned off’
Following the accusation of rape against the presenter, denied by him, the comedian intends to file an action against the SBT. The information was confirmed to Estadão by his lawyer, Húdio Silva Jr. he states that the station failed not to “ensure Juliana’s physical and moral integrity”, who says she sought the channel’s compliance last September to try to resolve the situation. Sought, the SBT did not comment. The space is still open.
The lawyer says Juliana took the case to SBT compliance in September last year after making other complaints within the company. “As someone who was already there in a work environment, she complains. We have robust proofs that she complained and sought help. Regrettably, she didn’t get it.”
He also reveals that, at the moment, he gathers documentation to move the second action. “All of this will be presented in an action that we are preparing to be proposed against SBT. She was holding a contract, providing service to the broadcaster who had an obligation to ensure her physical and moral integrity. This was not done.”
HDIO SILVA also suggests that Juliana’s dismissal of the station may be related to the case. “In September, it takes to compliance, and in February it is turned off. The connection is not difficult to establish. The company, in court, will have the opportunity to demonstrate that the shutdown did not have to do with it, but the evidence all point to a shutdown resulting from this connection,” he concludes.
MP-SP determines that the police must investigate the complaint made by Juliana Oliveira
Juliana’s lawyer filed a criminal representation against Otavio Mesquita last week, which was sent to Osasco’s criminal court. On Wednesday (2), the Public Prosecution Service of São Paulo (MP-SP) determined that the police should investigate the complaint. Once the inquiry is done, the report returns to MP-SP, and it is only then that a criminal action can be proposed.
The case is related to an episode that occurred in 2016 on The Night, presented by Danilo Gentili on SBT, when Juliana helped Otávio Mesquita to remove safety equipment – he had entered the scene hanging. According to her, he touched his private parts without her consent. In the video, you can see the presenter simulating sex movements while holding her by the legs.
Otávio Mesquita calls for compensation to Juliana Oliveira
Mesquita’s defense, which considers the prosecution “very serious”, calls for compensation for moral damages to the former stage assistant. Lawyer Roberto Campanella said he filed an indemnity civil action against Juliana, who began to be processed at the São Paulo Court of Justice (TJ-SP) on Thursday (3). “We filed the action because of this accusation that we consider very serious and unfounded, and which causes damage in the image of Octavius,” he explains. “We considered an abuse of the demonstration. If someone waited almost ten years to make such a charge, we imagined that they could do it for the first place, and not go straight to the media to look for exposure.”
Also according to Roberto Campanella, any amount received before the claim will be donated. “We make a point of donating to the cause of women. We will donate to an NGO that assists victims of violence.”
*With information from Estadão Content
Posted by Nátaly Tenório