Nominated by the government to chair (National Land Transportation Agency), interim director general Guilherme Theo Sampaio omitted, in a statement to the Senate, to be married to the former concessionaire who has lawsuits against the agency.
Sampaio, who took office as director in July 2021, went to command the agency. He still needs to be sabbathed by the Infrastructure Commission and have the name approved by the Senate Plenary.
In a statement of sealing to Senate nepotism, Sampaio said he had no relatives who perform or performed activities, public or private, linked to his professional activity.
The statement is provided for in the chapter on choosing Senate Rules of Procedure. The text determines that the nominees must send a statement about the “existence of their relatives who perform or performed activities, public or private, linked to their professional activity, with the discrimination of these periods”.
He is married to lawyer Paula Cabral Vilela Sampaio, who represented the Concier Concessionaire (Juiz de Fora-Rio Highway Concession Company) of the Triunfo Group in lawsuits against the agency. The concessionaire manages the BR-040 highway on the Minas Gerais-Rio de Janeiro stretch.
In June last year, Conner informed the STJ (Superior Court of Justice) that the lawyer has not been a legal representative of the company since October 18, 2023.
In January this year, ANTT approved a notice to define a new company responsible for the BR-040 highway in the stretch between Minas Gerais and Rio de Janeiro, a auction that should take place at the end of April.
Otherwise
Sought, ANTT states that “contrary to what was informed, there was no omission in the statement presented by director Guilherme Sampaio to the Federal Senate.”
The agency says that although “Mrs. Paula acted until October 2023 in a law firm representing the concessionaire, at the time of her dismissal did not maintain any kinship bond with the nominated director.”
“Moreover, it is noteworthy that all decisions made by the director – which are public – corroborate the technical positions of ANTT, and it has even applied several penalties to the concessionaire,” he added.
“It should also be noted that the director acted in the approval of the bidding notice whose object is the granting of the section currently operated precariously by Concer, due to judicial determination, enabling his future transfer to the new concessionaire, with auction to 04/30.”
Gift Link: Did you like this text? Subscriber can release seven free hits from any link per day. Just click on F Blue below.