Anderson Barros granted a press conference after the elimination and said the club continues to hire a midfielder
Football Director of Anderson Barros went straight to stating that the club is still active in the market and seeks a replacement for the departure of Richard Ríos, sold to Benfica, before the end of the transfer window.
At the same time, he admitted that the board already knew that the Colombian would leave the club after the Club World Cup dispute and anticipated the arrival of Lucas Evangelista, bought by 4 million euros with Bragantino.
– We brought Lucas Evangelista already thinking about this condition (the sale of Richard Ríos). Yes, let’s search and find another piece to replenish and strengthen the team. But we know that the athletes we have today are extremely able to take Palmeiras where he has to be – said the director in an interview.
When asked about the investment of just half a billion in the season, Barros revealed to believe that the reformulation would be at a more advanced stage compared to what has been presented so far.
For him, it is time to accept external criticism, whether directed to the coaching staff, the board or the cast.
– We invested and waited that it was already yielding. We all charge each other daily. We need to understand the process. Have no doubt that we are charged. From the president to direct, to commission and athletes – he added.
Palmeiras becomes the key after elimination in the Brazilian Cup
Despite being eliminated in the round of 16 of the Brazilian Cup for the second consecutive season, Palmeiras is still alive in two competitions: the Brazilian Championship and Libertadores.
In the national tournament, he returns to the field next Sunday (6), when he receives Ceará, at Allianz Parque. For Libertadores, faces Peru’s university, after ensuring the best campaign in the group stage.