Mayor states that 11 of the 21 parishes were hit by the fire, all located in the south of Covilhã.
Two second housing houses were destroyed by the fire that worked in Covilhã, in the district of Castelo Branco, which consumed a total of 20,257 hectares, according to provisional data.
Speaking to the Lusa Agency, the President of the Municipality of Covilhã, Vítor Pereira, said that the fire destroyed a housing in the locality of Trigais (Parish of Erada) and another in Vale de Cerdeira (Parish of São Jorge da Beira).
“According to the preliminary report of the Forest Fire Information Management System (SGIF), the Area burned in the municipality of Covilhã was 20,257 hectares. To get an idea of the dimension in 2022, in the fire that affected six municipalities of Serra da Estrela Natural Park, the total burned area was 24,000 hectares, “said Covilhã’s mayor.
The Covilhã municipality has a Approximate area of 55,600 hectares.
Vítor Pereira also said that 11 of the 21 parishes They were hit by the fire, all located in the south of Covilhã.
The municipality of Covilhã has been on the ground since the first hour with a social emergency response that includes teams of social and psychological support.
“The University of Beira Interior (UBI) provided psychologists and two support lines were created In partnership with the university, “he explained.
Animal feed is also being made available in a partnership involving the Portuguese Association of Limousine breeders.
“We are on the ground, together with the Parish Councils, to make a more rigorous survey of the damage and then see if they will resort to the support line up to 10,000 euros or if you choose other applications,” said Vítor Pereira.
In addition, the municipality is also doing the survey of public losses caused by the fire and the clearing of roads.
The local authority disabled, on Wednesday, the Municipal Civil Protection Emergency Plan, which had been triggered on the 15th, following the entrance to Covilhã do Fogo that launched on the 13th, in Arganil, District of Coimbra, and also extended to the municipalities of Pampilhosa da Serra and Oliveira do Hospital (District of Coimbra), Seia (Guard) and Covilhã (Castelo and Castelo (Castelo and Castelo (Castelo and Castelo White).
According to provisional official data, until August 28 there were more than 250 thousand hectares in the country, more than 57,000 of which only in the fire that began in Arganil.
At least 12 houses consumed by fireworks
With these two houses in Covilhã, they will have burned at least 12 dwellings (10 of the first housing) in the Centro region, whose reconstruction the government is committed to tight to the maximum limit of 250 thousand euros.
The municipality of Oliveira do Hospital, in the interior of the district of Coimbra, reached by the large fire of Arganil, counts the largest number (five), followed by Lousã (two), in the same district.
In Lousã, the flames that triggered on the 14th on Candal destroyed a first housing mobile house in Silveira de Cima and another that was in reconstruction for first housing in the locality of Cabanões.
In the Guarda district, he burned a first housing house in Aguiar da Beira, according to the mayor, Virgílio Cunha, who stressed the existence of several first housing properties with damage, although without making the residents’ permanence unfeasible.
The municipality of Aguiar da Beira began to be reached on the 13th and 14th by the fireworks that began in Trancoso, in the Guarda district, and Sernancelhe and Sátão, in the Viseu district.
Also in ovens of Algodres, the destruction of a first housing house was registered.
The municipalities of Penamacor and Castelo Branco, in this district, counted a burning house each.
The government has defined support for the reconstruction of its own residence housing in situations such as rural fires in recent weeks, predicting a 100% reimbursement of 250,000 euros, “the prime minister said on Thursday.
The remaining amount, indicated Luís Montenegro, will be reimbursed at 85%.