Federal Deputy Eduardo Bolsonaro (PL-SP) stated that he could be the first candidate for the Presidency of the Republic of Brazil who will do “virtual campaign”, directly from the United States, where he lives since March this year, if he competed in the Plateau in 2026.
“Anyone who is fit, with their political rights, can compete. As you would make the campaign, they are another five hundred. Perhaps the first virtual campaign in the country’s history. But I believe we will have approved an amnesty to correct this injustice,” the deputy said in an interview with the portal Metropolison the afternoon of Friday, 29.
Eduardo also criticized other names on the right to be moving to replace his father, former President Jair Bolsonaro (PL), and stated that “this is not time” to discuss next year’s election. This discussion should only occur, in your view, in 2026, despite commenting on the subject.
Continues after advertising
On the same theme, Eduardo said he evaluated from Valdemar Costa Neto’s party, to which his father and three brothers are also affiliated, if the governor of São Paulo, Tarcisio de Freitas (Republicans), migrating to the PL to run for president. “In fact, it is something we think,” he said, stating that other family members could add to him in the stampede, and that if Tarcisio is elected would be “difficult” to have a participation in his government.
This Monday, 25, the national president of Republicans, Deputy Marcos Pereira (SP), cited Tarcisio as the possibility of being the name of the acronym in the dispute for the presidency. On the same day, Valdemar stated that if he competed in Planalto, the governor should go to the PL. Two days later, on Wednesday, the speech changed: “Our candidate for president of the Republic is Jair Bolsonaro or who he, and only him, to choose,” wrote the party leader on social network.
“If my father cannot apply, I would like to leave a candidate. If Tarcisio comes to the PL, I won’t have space. I’m in my third term, I know how the band plays,” said Eduardo. On other occasions, the deputy had already talked about the possibility of running in the place of Bolsonaro, but always linked to the request from his own father and that, in this case, he would “sacrifice himself” to serve him.
Continues after advertising
Regarding the ineligibility of the father, who has two convictions of the Superior Electoral Court (TSE) and is prevented from running public office by 2030, Eduardo said she “could be reversed” if an amnesty to crimes committed on January 8 is approved in Congress.
“If Bolsonaro can leave a candidate, he will be the candidate. Everyone says that. Even the democratic governors during XP event, (Ronaldo) Caiado, Mouse, and Tarcisio, everyone recognizes that Bolsonaro is Brazil’s greatest political leader. So if there is amnesty, he can try to reverse his ineligibility and leave candidate,” he said.
‘Technological solution already exists,’ says Eduardo on Mandate Remote
The deputy also said that he returned to his term in the House of Representatives. This Wednesday, 27, he participated for a video of a subcommittee in the house, of which he is not a member and without formal invitation.
Continues after advertising
During an interview, Eduardo claimed to have hope that President Hugo Motta (Republicans-PB) authorizes him to perform parliamentary activities from the United States. Motta, however, has already rejected the idea of a “distance mandate” earlier this month. Eduardo has not computed presence since March this year in deliberative sessions.
In the same interview, the deputy argued to make pressure on Motta, so that the president authorizes the remote work, and defended the continuity of paying salaries to advisors and maintenance of his office in the House. “I think the ideal is to press Hugo Motta to be given a solution. The technological solution already exists. I can perfectly exercise my term, I can participate in the commissions,” he said.