Israeli air strikes in the south of Lebanon have targeted Hezbollah underground facilities. Both sides blame each other for breaking the ceasefire agreements.
The Israeli army said on Sunday that it had raised a military infrastructure managed by the Proiran Lebanese movement Hezbollah in the south of Lebanon. TASR reports according to AFP and DPA reports.
According to the Israeli armed forces, military activity was previously recorded in the area. According to her, the air raids were also the facilities of the underground Hezbollah infrastructure in the area of the strategically placed Beaufort Crusade.
“The existence of the facility and activities in it was a violation of the agreements between Israel and Lebanon,” the Israeli army statement said.
The victims’ information is not known
The Lebanese news agency NNA brought reports of two air strikes near the city of Nabatija in the south of the country. Information about possible victims or injured has not been known yet, but the people there were talking about massive explosions in the area.
Israel and Hezbollah agreed on a ceasefire last November after more than one year of mutual sniper, recalls DPA. However, both sides blame each other’s violations.
The agreement, among other things, stipulates that Hezbollah will withdraw behind the lithium river approximately 30 kilometers north of the Israeli-Libanon border. The Beaufort Crusade lies north of this river, but still near the northeastern part of the Israeli border, adds the German agency.