Russian drone attack kills one and injures 11 on the outskirts of Kiev

Governor warns of possible increase in the number of victims as Ukrainian negotiators travel to the USA to discuss a peace proposal.

Roman Pilipey/AFP
Residential building on fire after Russian drone attack in the city of Vyshhorod, in the Kiev region, in the early hours of November 30, 2025, during the Russian offensive in Ukraine.

A Russian drone attack left one dead and 11 injured on the outskirts of Kiev, the regional governor reported this Sunday (still Saturday in Brazil). “Unfortunately, as a result of the enemy attack on Vyshhorod, one person died and 11 were injured, including a child,” wrote Governor Mykola Kalashnyk in Telegram. He had reported earlier that the Kiev region had suffered “another enemy drone attack.”

Kalashnyk said emergency teams were trying to evacuate residents from a damaged tower. According to him, the number of injured could still increase. Between Friday and Saturday, Russian forces also launched drones and missiles against other regions of Ukraine, in offensives that left three people dead and caused power outages for hundreds of thousands of people.

Amid the escalation of attacks, a team of Ukrainian negotiators traveled to the United States on Saturday to discuss Washington’s plan to end the war, President Volodimir Zelensky said.

The initial US proposal — drawn up without the participation of Kiev’s European allies — envisaged recognizing the regions of Donetsk, Crimea and Lugansk as part of Russia. After criticism from Ukraine and European countries, Washington backed down, but has not yet detailed the new version of the plan.

*With information from AFP

source

News Room USA | LNG in Northern BC