there has been some progress on Iran, but an agreement is still not certain

US Secretary of State Marco Rubio said this Friday, the 22nd, that there had been some progress in relation to talks with Iran, but that an agreement was not yet certain.

“I don’t want to exaggerate, but there has been movement and that’s good,” Rubio said in a press conference on the sidelines of the meeting of foreign ministers of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).

He reiterated that Tehran cannot have a nuclear weapon and that the issue of uranium enrichment needs to be addressed.

there has been some progress on Iran, but an agreement is still not certain

“It is necessary to have a Plan B if Iran refuses to reopen the Strait of Hormuz,” he added regarding possible new hostilities against the Persian country.

Pakistan remains the main interlocutor in the negotiations, according to Rubio.

Source link