The former deputy () said he had contacted the police and that he would file a police report against a reporter from the website The Intercept Brasil who went to his family’s home in Texas, in the United States, this Friday (22).
The website revealed that the senator (PL), pre-candidate for the Presidency, demanded from the former banker, the payment of financing installments for the film about former president Jair Bolsonaro. They were used to finance Eduardo’s expenses.
In a video published on social media, under the title “PCC associates knocked on my door”, the former deputy appears in front of the residence stating that his wife had called nervously to say that there was someone there. According to him, the man introduced himself as a reporter and asked neighbors questions.
“Here in Texas, you know that many people have weapons in their homes. Normally the people you receive are people you know. I’m not threatening anyone, I’m saying that it’s a completely serious situation and that it’s out of routine,” he said.
Eduardo Bolsonaro does not disclose where he lives.
The former deputy continues, in the video, saying that the situation was serious and that in the United States it could be classified as an invasion of privacy or invasion of a condominium. “They think they’re going to ‘stalk’ or bring terror to my family. It won’t stay like that”, he concludes.
The former deputy’s wife, Heloísa Bolsonaro, stated on Instagram that her daughter Georgia, 5, went to the door when she heard the doorbell. She says that, as she approached, a man speaking English introduced himself as a reporter and asked if she lived there with her family.
“I closed the door. He got in the car, spent a few moments playing on his cell phone and left. I kept looking out the window, shaking all over. Then I saw him again, he had just moved the car and was now ringing the doorbells of all the neighboring houses, looking for details about our lives and routines,” he wrote on Instagram.
Heloísa continues the publication defending her husband against accusations that the production of the film about the life of former president Jair Bolsonaro had been used to launder money or commit fraud. In stories, she shared photos of the reporter, a tall, white man, wearing a cap, blue shirt and a black bag.
The Intercept Brasil reported, in a note, that it follows the case, which involved “an experienced local journalist hired for this coverage“. O website states that the exercise of journalistic activity was carried out within all ethical and professional standards.
When contacted by the report, Eduardo Bolsonaro did not comment.