Myanmar: Junta bombings in debris – over 1,700 dead

by Andrea
0 comments
Σεισμός στην Μιανμάρ: Ξεπέρασαν τους 1.700 οι νεκροί – Κίνδυνος ανθρωπιστικής κρίσης

It is facing the disaster after the 7.7 Richter, which caused incalculable disasters and 3,400 injured and 300 missing. Since then, there has been an endangered aftershocks along the Shagging rift, around which much of the population of Myanmar lives. And yet in such a treaty that survived are confronted with the bombings of the junta’s armed forces.

The Karen National Union (KNU), one of the oldest rebel organizations in Myanmar, said in a statement that the junta “continues air strikes by targeting areas where civilians live, although the population suffers from the earthquake”. He added that instead of the army to prioritize relief operations, he chooses to “develop forces to attack his own people”.

A few hours after the sweeping earthquake on Friday, aircraft and drones were laughing at the state of Karen, near the KNU headquarters, according to a relief organization close to the replacements.

Singapore’s Foreign Minister Vivian Baganis appealed to declare a ceasefire immediately to facilitate the distribution of assistance, following a meeting with his ASEAN counterparts, which was made by video call.

Today funerals

The funerals of hundreds of victims are expected to take place today, on the day that the Muslim community, in mourning, would celebrate the end of the Ramadan month.

The World Health Organization (WHO) ranked the earthquake yesterday Sunday 30/3 at the highest level of emergency situations, while the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Associations (doses) called for more than $ 100 million.

‘Infinite the Army’ in Relief Operations

Myanmar remains immersed in the civil conflict following the coup on February 1, 2021, when the army seized power, overturning the elected Nobel -award -winning Government of Aung San Chi.

On Saturday, the exiled national unity government, which includes data from the government overturned in 2021, announced that replacement fighters, under its command, suspend their offensive actions for two weeks.

Experts point out that some rebel organizations have stopped their operations, but others continue to hostilities. The army, which would normally participate in erection operations in earthquake, is “invisible”, many experts point out.

Myanmar: In emergency state six areas

Thousands of people in Myanmar, food and medical assistance, according to the Director of the International Rescue Committee in Myanmar, Mohammed Rigia.

As he says, it may take weeks until the full extent of the earthquake damage is known, as communication lines and transport have been cut off.

The Junta of Myanmar declared a state of emergency in six areas and rarely appealed for international aid.

18 dead in Bangkok

In Bangkok, Thailand, hundreds of kilometers away from the focus, 18 people died, 11 of which were killed after a high -rise building. Many are still ignored in his debris.

A difficult search and rescue operation is ongoing, with officials avoiding heavy vehicles as the construction continues to retreat. According to Thailand’s Minister of Public Health Thepsuthin, 409 people worked at the construction site when it collapsed.

source

You may also like

Our Company

News USA and Northern BC: current events, analysis, and key topics of the day. Stay informed about the most important news and events in the region

Latest News

@2024 – All Right Reserved LNG in Northern BC