Decision was announced shortly after a meeting between President Donald Trump and an far-right activist
The White House dismissed at least three employees of the National Security Council, with CNN advanced three sources close to the Trump administration.
The discharges occurred after Laura Loomer, the far right activist who suggested that September 11 was an internal work, to have asked President Donald Trump during a meeting on Wednesday to dismiss several members of the National Security Council, including her main assistant counselor, claiming that they are unfair. One of the sources said the dismissal were the direct result of the meeting with Loomer.
It is not certain if the main assistant counselor for national security, Alex Wong, is among the staff who were dismissed. One of the sources has speculated that National Security Counselor, Michael Waltz, may have been reluctant to say goodbye to being involved in the controversy over the escape of controversial messages related to military attacks on Yemen, which left Waltz and his team under fire.
The three employees are Brian Walsh, an intelligence director and a former employee of the now secretary of state Marco Rubio in the Senate Intelligence Committee; Thomas Boodry, a senior director of legislative affairs who previously held the position of Waltz Legislative Director in Congress; and David Feith, a senior director who supervises technology and national security and served in the state department during the first Trump government.
“The National Security Council does not comment on personal affairs,” said the spokesman for the National Security Council, Brian Hughes, in statements to CNN.
Waltz had been in the oval room for other meetings when Lomer arrived on Wednesday for an audience with Trump and stayed there while the president met with Loomer. One of the people she aimed specifically was Wong. Loomer publicly questioned his loyalty to Trump and described it privately as a “Never Trump.”
“Out of respect for President Trump and the privacy of the Oval Room, I will refuse to disclose any details about my meeting in the Oval Room with President Trump,” Loomer told CNN on Thursday. “It was an honor to meet President Trump and introduce him to my conclusions. I will continue to work hard to support his agenda and continue to stress the importance of rigorous control, with the aim of protecting the president and our national security.”
The meeting with Loomer in the Oval Room, advanced by the New York Times newspaper, took place when Trump and his team prepared the announcement of the tariffs in the Garden of Rose.
Susie Wiles, the White House chief of staff, who was among the counselors who worked to control Loomer’s access to Trump during the campaign, was present at the meeting, according to an advisor.