The lawyer Fabio Wajngarten said this Wednesday (20) that tries to make marketer Marcello Lopes “reconsider” the decision to leave the pre-campaign to the Presidency of the Republic of the senator Flavio Bolsonaro (PL-RJ). Through a publication on X (formerly Twitter), the Secretary of Social Communication in the government of former president Jair Bolsonaro said that the advertiser is the “right person for the job”.
“He is calm and supportive and has Flávio’s trust and friendship. I’m trying to make Marcellão reconsider and, if I’m not successful, I’ll suggest someone I trust. [dele]who has had contact with the group so far. The names that pop up as candidates to take on the task are no use. My cell phone melts right now so none of these names are even considered,” declared Wajngarten.
The former secretary still praised the marketer. Wajngarten stated that Lopes is “great” and a “good soul”but it was “sabotaged by politics”.
Earlier, in a note, the publicist announced that for “Focus on the company itself and prioritize its business”.
Personal friend of the senator, Lopes said he spent the entire afternoon on Wednesday with the parliamentarian. During the meeting, the publicist informed Flávio that he could no longer collaborate with the pre-campaign. The marketer also reported that will return to the United States.
Lopes leaves Flávio’s pre-campaign after the crisis triggered by the leaked conversation between the senator and the owner of Banco Master, Daniel Vorcaro.
Crisis involving owner of Banco Master
On Wednesday (13), the news agency Intercept Brasil with the aim of raising financing for the film “Dark Horse”, which will tell Bolsonaro’s story.
On Tuesday (19), the portal Metropolises revealed that the when the first phase of Operation Compliance Zero was launched to investigate alleged fraud involving Banco Master. In an interview with journalists, Flávio confirmed the visit.
“I was with him, once again, when he started using electronic monitoring and couldn’t leave the city of São Paulo. Yes, I went to meet him to ‘put an end’ to this story and tell him that, if he had warned me that the situation was as serious as this, I would have gone after another investor much longer ago, and the film wouldn’t be at risk”, said Flávio.
Investment in ‘Dark Horse’
According to the report from Intercept Brasilthe owner of Banco Master (around R$134 million at the time) to finance the film. Of this amount, at least US$10 million would have been paid from February to May 2025.
The messages released by the news agency showed a negotiation between Flávio and Vorcaro. In October 2025, the senator reached charge the bankerstating that production was “at its financial limit”. The dialogues also indicated that there was a meeting at the home of the owner of Banco Master, in São Paulo, on November 2, 2025which featured the presence of actor Jim Caviezel and director Cyrus Nowrasteh.
Despite the repercussion, Flávio has publicly defended fundraising. On Friday (15), during an event to launch the pre-candidacy of federal deputy Guilherme Derrite (PP-SP) for the Senate, the parliamentarian and criticized the use of public funds for what he called “political propaganda”.
As an example, mentioned the parade from the Acadêmicos de Niterói samba school, which paid tribute to Lula at Carnival in 2026. On the same occasion, Flávio criticized the Intercept Brasil. He classified the team as “suspicious” and accused the vehicle of trying to “intercept the future of the country”.