Government evaluates a possible meeting between Flávio and Trump as bad, but will not act to prevent the meeting – 05/22/2026 – Brasília Hoje

The government (PT) assesses as negative the prospect of a meeting between (-RJ) and the president of , , who is Brazilian. Despite the concern, Brazil should not act to prevent conversations between the two.

In the Brazilian president’s last visit to the White House, Lula reiterated to Trump that the Brazilian electoral process must be respected and that there must be no interference on the part of the American.

Flávio’s possible reception by the government occurs, on the other hand, at a critical moment in the pre-campaign of Jair Bolsonaro’s (PL) eldest son for the Presidency of the Republic, with the recent revelations of his connections with , owner of .

As the website revealed, Flávio financed the film “Dark Horse”, about his father. The former banker paid R$61 million for the production. Since then, the senator has been trying to contain the damage to the pre-campaign and .

In the first survey after the outbreak of the case, about the senator in the first round simulation, scoring 40% compared to 31% for his rival.

A week ago, within the survey’s margin of error of two percentage points: 38% to 35%. In the second round scenario, equality at 45% has now turned into an advantage of 47% to 43% for the PT member.

Even with the previous ties between the Trump administration and the family, members of the Brazilian government are not afraid of intervention at the moment. More than a concern with the meeting itself, the assessment of Planalto’s assistants is that the result of the meeting will deserve the attention of the Brazilian government.

According to these interlocutors, previous contacts between the Bolsonaro family and the American leader were harmful to Brazil, such as the mobilizations made by Eduardo Bolsonaro in favor of the release of his father from prison.

Since then, the assessment of government officials is that the family’s movements have placed Brazil in a position of subservience and hindered negotiations between the two governments, such as the search for a reversal of tariffs.

Flávio’s allies say that the trip to the USA is confirmed and that Flávio should disembark on Tuesday (26) in Washington, but that there is still no date for the meeting. The White House has not yet confirmed the meeting.

On Thursday morning (21), in Brasília, Flávio said he would not respond regarding the possible agenda with Trump. “You have to ask the White House,” he told reporters upon leaving the Senate.

In the meeting, the senator denied that he or Eduardo had requested the meeting. Flávio’s assistants avoided giving details. The pre-campaign coordinator, senator Rogério Marinho (PL-RN), stated that there was no request from Flávio for an agenda with the American president and that perhaps there was an invitation.

It would not be unprecedented for a presidential candidate to visit the White House during the Trump administration. In May last year, the American president received Polish presidential candidate Karol Nawrocki in the Oval Office, two weeks before the Polish election.

Nawrocki, who was an outsider candidate who aligned himself closely with Trump, was tied with President Andrzej Duda. Duda’s allies accused Trump of trying to interfere in the election. Nawrocki ended up winning the election in the second round – and returned to the White House in September.


LINK PRESENT: Did you like this text? Subscribers can access seven free accesses from any link per day. Just click the blue F below.

source