STF punishes TV Justiça foundation on the eve of new tender

Fundac received a fine of R$86,800 after labor and FGTS delays; On May 15, 2026, the foundation stated that it had managed to advance to the “next phase of the bidding process”

The Federal Supreme Court imposed a fine of R$86,800 and banned Fundac, the company responsible for the operations of the , to sign new contracts with the Court. The punishment comes while the current manager was trying to advance in a new tender to maintain the services provided to the Court – and was in 1st place in the competition.

The punishment was signed by the Secretary of Budget, Finance and Contracting of the STF, Márcio Kazuaki Fusissava. The Court pointed out delays in collecting FGTS, labor errors, delays in sending mandatory documents and losses to employees linked to the contract. THE Poder360 found that, in some cases, delays reached up to 1 year.

The decisions to fine Fundac and suspend hiring took place after this digital newspaper ask the STF for a position on the company’s labor failures.

According to the administrative decision, Fundac accumulated “23 occurrences of grade 1”, which refer to administrative or labor issues, which were considered sufficient to characterize “partial non-execution” of the contract. In the internal decision, the STF also stated that the irregularities “caused real losses to employees linked to the contract“. Read the of the decision (PDF – 283 kB).

Employees reported to the STF, according to the document, problems involving food vouchers, health insurance, paycheck deductions and work overload.

This contract is a shame. And the company had already been prevented from participating in new tenders in the Chamber”, said the president of the radio broadcasters’ union, Marcos Clemente.

The Court declared that the delays were not just bureaucratic. According to the administrative decision of the STF, the documents collected by the inspection “they simply didn’t exist” at the time they should have been presented, because payments and collections had not yet been made.

“image of the STF”

In a response sent to the Court in September 2025, Fundac admitted pending issues with the FGTS and stated that it was working to regularize payments by December of that year. He also recognized concerns about the “institutional image of the STF”.

“The deposits relating to the FGTS of TV Justiça professionals were duly paid for 2024, as well as in the months of May, June and July 2025”he wrote. The company added that the remainder would be paid “until December 2025”. In May 2026, however, there are still pending issues.

DISPUTE FOR NEW CONTRACT

Despite the sanctions, Fundac continued trying to remain at the head of the broadcaster’s operations. In an internal communication sent on May 15, 2026 to employees working at the STF, Fundac intervenor, Daniela Sigliano, stated that the entity had managed to move towards “next phase of the STF bidding process”.

We were able to advance to the next phase of the STF bidding process, presenting a compatible, technical and viable proposal for the continued provision of services“, he wrote.

The intervener also said that the documentation presented reflected “Fundac’s current reality” and cited court decisions that authorized the institution’s participation in bidding even without negative certificates.

OTHER SIDE

O Poder360 contacted Fundac via email to ask if it would like to comment on employee reports about delays in FGTS payments. There was no response until the publication of this report. The text will be updated if a manifestation is sent.

This digital newspaper also asked for a statement from the STF on Fundac’s labor failures uncovered by the report. So far, there has been no response. The text will be updated if a manifestation is sent.