The pre-candidate for President (-RJ) was applauded by supporters this Tuesday (19) during the 27th March of Mayors, but he also heard boos from part of the audience in Brasília and shouts from the owner of , and , in reference to the suspicions against him when he was a deputy in the Legislative Assembly of Rio de Janeiro.
Flávio spoke for around 30 minutes, in a speech criticizing the government (PT) and nods to more distant candidate groups, such as women and people from the Northeast. He did not participate in the question and answer round that usually takes place at the event organized by the CNM (National Confederation of Municipalities).
The senator’s participation in the event took place hours after the former banker’s first arrest, at the end of 2025. Earlier, he met with the PL benches in the Chamber and in the Chamber to explain the scandal.
As the website revealed, the senator to finance the film about his father. The former banker paid R$61 million for the production. Since then, Flávio has been trying to contain the damage to the pre-campaign for the Presidency and .
In his speech, Flávio defended the alternative proposal to the one presented by the opposition, which proposes that the minimum wage be defined according to the hours worked, with the maintenance of rights such as paid vacation and 13th salary.
According to him, the PECs (proposed amendments to the Constitution) under discussion cannot “impress” the regime and who should choose how many hours of work are the workers themselves, and not the government.
“This is how we have to look at the modern worker. He sets up his working day”, he stated.
Flávio Bolsonaro also defended that municipal guards could be trained to use firearms and stated that, if elected, police officers would arrest or “neutralize” criminals. “Marginals of [Primeiro Comando da Capital] and CV [Comando Vermelho]: reach Brazil by December of this year. Either you will be arrested or neutralized by our police”, he said.
The president of the CNM, Paulo Ziulkoski, had to intervene more than once during the panel with the senator to try to stop the demonstrations coming from the audience.
“We are here in an ecumenical movement. Let’s respect the candidates, all the various nuances they have. At this moment, I would like the plenary to behave. Let’s respect the differences, those who will possibly be… Let’s be cautious, calmly”, he said before Flávio started speaking.
During Flávio’s speech, some of those present also sang a chorus of “Lula the thief, his place is in prison”, and Ziulkoski once again tried to interrupt the speeches. “We will respect the opponents. This is a construction meeting, not a division meeting”, he declared.
When leaving the stage to leave the event, Flávio was surrounded by supporters who took advantage of the moment to take photos with the pre-candidate. He left the place without speaking to the press.
Traditionally, the meeting organized by the CNM brings together hundreds of mayors and municipal managers from across the country for two days in the federal capital, where assemblies and lectures are held.
Earlier, the vice president (PSB) at the event.
It is expected that other pre-candidates for the Presidency, such as former governors (-GO) and (Novo-MG) and (Missão), will also participate in the March of Mayors. Lula has not yet confirmed whether he will attend the event.