The (Superior Court of Justice) confirmed the conviction of Bolsonaro influencer Allan dos Santos for slander against filmmaker Estela Renner. The decision was made by the court’s special court, which sentenced him to 1 year, 7 months and 1 day in detention.
The court certified the final judgment this Thursday (21) and, therefore, he can no longer appeal.
Allan dos Santos was convicted after speaking out against the filmmaker, in 2017, during the “Queermuseu” exhibition. In a video, he commented on the exhibition, held in Porto Alegre, and said that the filmmaker wanted to “put marijuana in young people’s mouths”.
given by the Court of Justice of Rio Grande do Sul. This time, the court denied the last appeals of the Bolsonarista’s defense.
The ministers reinforced that freedom of expression does not support untrue and offensive accusations. And they confirmed the decision given in 2022 in the second instance.
“In this bellicose, rude and rude context, punctuated by profanity, in itself insulting, and confusing words, I believe that the defendant insinuates that she would be inducing the misuse of drugs”, pointed out the decision at the time.
This is yet another pending issue that Allan dos Santos has with Brazilian justice. He had preventive detention ordered by the (Supreme Federal Court) in 2021, for disseminating fake news. Since then, he has been considered a fugitive.
Estela’s lawyer, Flávia Rahal, celebrated. “The decision recognized the seriousness of the untruths directed by Allan dos Santos to Estela Renner and the importance of imposing limits on those who use freedom of expression as a shield to offend the honor of others with the sole intention of promoting themselves,” he said.
The Panel was unable to contact the influencer.
LINK PRESENT: Did you like this text? Subscribers can access seven free accesses from any link per day. Just click the blue F below.