US President Donald Trump on Friday dismissed the possibility of a truce with Iran and declared that Washington has the upper hand in the three-week war. This was reported by the AFP agency, writes TASR. “I don’t want to call a truce. You know, you don’t call a truce when you’re literally crushing the other side,” Trump told reporters as he left the White House for Florida.
When asked asked if Israel would be ready to end the war with him at the same time, Trump replied that he thought so. He emphasized that relations between the two countries are “very good”. According to him, the United States and Israel are pursuing the same goal. “We want a win – both of us. And that’s what we got.” the president added.
Earlier, during a ceremony at the White House, Trump again claimed that the military operation against Iran, which is entering its fourth week, is proceeding very well. “Things are going extremely well in Iran,” declared Donald Trump, highlighting the military successes he said had been achieved since the start of the US-Israeli offensive on February 28.
The US president has recently released several contradictory statements regarding the potential duration of the conflict: sometimes he promised an end very near and at other times he suggested that the US military was in no rush to end it.
The raids on Iran cost the lives of many high-ranking representatives of the Iranian security forces. Analysts warn that these targeted attacks could conflict escalate further.
Humanitarian organizations are already calling for the protection of the civilian population and the provision of aid. The Iranian Red Crescent reports more than 1,444 casualties in Iran, including at least 204 children. More than 1,000 people have been killed in Israeli attacks on Lebanon.