The presidential pre-candidate (-RJ) confirmed that he had a meeting with him after , in November 2025. According to the senator, he went to Vorcaro’s house to put a “final point” on the financing of his father’s film, (PL).
The information was initially released this Tuesday (19) by the Metrópoles portal and later confirmed by the parliamentarian.
The senator had stated last Friday (15) that with the then banker, but did not say at the time that this had occurred when irregularities were already known. “There won’t be any surprises. There won’t be any new things,” he said in an interview with CNN Brasil.
When asked this Tuesday, Flávio did not respond as to why he did not tell people about the meeting with the owner of Master earlier.
As the website revealed, the senator to finance a film about his father, former president Jair Bolsonaro (PL). The former banker paid R$61 million for the production. The information took allies by surprise, because, before admitting conversations to make the request, Flávio had publicly denied knowing the former banker more than once.
Recall Flávio’s different statements about key points in the case.
ABOUT GETTING TO KNOW VORCARO
BEFORE
As shown by , documents from the CPI (Parliamentary Commission of Inquiry) of the INSS (National Institute of Social Security) revealed that Flávio’s phone number was in Vorcaro’s diary.
At the time, Flávio stated that he never had contact with the former banker. “My phone number isn’t exactly a secret,” he said, suggesting that someone else could have passed his contact information to Vorcaro.
AFTER
On the 13th, the website revealed that Flávio sent, on November 16th of last year, the following message to the then banker: “Brother, I am and will be with you always, there’s no half a conversation between us. I just need you to give me some light! Abs!”.
Flávio then changed his tone and confirmed the approach on social media. “I met Daniel Vorcaro in December 2024. There was no longer a Bolsonaro government, there were absolutely no accusations against him,” he declared.
In later interviews, he said he had declined contact due to a requirement imposed by the film contract “”. “When I speak, when I deny, in fact, that I knew him, that I had contact with him [Vorcaro] It’s because there was a confidentiality clause in that contract”, he told GloboNews.
Furthermore, he justified the reason for the denial: “If anyone doesn’t understand the reason for my obligation to behave that way, I apologize.”
ABOUT VORCARO FINANCED THE FILM ‘DARK HORSE’
BEFORE
Questioned in Brasília by The Intercept before the publication of the report about Vorcaro’s financing of the film about Bolsonaro, the senator denied it in front of several journalists. “It’s a lie, where did you get that from? It’s a lie, for God’s sake,” he declared.
AFTER
After the publication of the report, on Wednesday (13), he released a note in which he confirmed the contacts and said there was no irregularity. “In our case, what happened was a son, seeking PRIVATE sponsorship for a PRIVATE film about his own father’s story,” he declared.
BEFORE
In interviews after the exchange of messages with Vorcaro was revealed, Flávio said that, at the time, he did not know about the suspicions about Master, but he did not mention having met Vorcaro after the former banker’s first arrest.
“There was no way to know what Brazil didn’t know,” the senator told GloboNews last Thursday (14).
Asked about the message exchanged when the Central Bank had already vetoed BRB’s purchase of Master, he replied: “I hoped he would clarify.”
“The last installment of investment he made was in May 2025. Therefore, there wasn’t all this confusion that we know about his actions. That didn’t exist at the time”, he declared to CNN the following day.
AFTER
This Tuesday, after Metrópoles announced that , the senator declared: “I was with him once again, after this event, when he started using electronic monitoring and could not leave the city of São Paulo. I did go to meet him to put an end to this story, to say that, if he had warned me that the situation was as serious as this, I would have gone after another investor a long time ago.”
The senator concluded by stating that he requested an accounting from the producer, demanding that the amount invested by Vorcaro be highlighted and made available to the authorities.
When questioned by Sheetthe managing partner of the production company Go Up Entertainment, responsible for the film, Karina Gama . “I have absolutely no resources from this person [Vorcaro] or the companies of which he or Fabiano Zettel are part. Of all the investors who came to us, more than ten, none of them are part of his conglomerate. These are American companies that operate in American territory.”