Rubio spoke about the secret signals from Iran: The situation is moving, but his warning about Trump drives fear!

US Secretary of State Marco Rubio expressed optimism on Thursday about diplomatic efforts to end the war with Iran and indicated that are showing signs of progress. At the same time, he warned against exaggerated expectations. TASR writes about it according to the report of the DPA agency.

  • US Secretary of State Marco Rubio expressed cautious optimism about negotiations with Iran.
  • Rubio talks about some positive signs, but rejects excessive optimism.
  • The United States views the Iranian leadership as somewhat fractured.
  • President Donald Trump prefers a diplomatic solution to the conflict, but is preparing alternative options.
  • Trump postpones planned military strike on Iran as talks continue.

Before leaving for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) ministerial meeting in Sweden, Rubio said that “certain positive signals” emerged during the negotiations. However, he added that he did not want to be “overly optimistic”. The head of diplomacy also reiterated the US position that Iran’s leadership is “fragmented to some extent” and emphasized that US President Donald Trump prefers a diplomatic solution to the conflict.

“But if we can’t reach a good deal, the president has made it clear that he has other options,” Rubio said. Trump recently again threatened military strikes against Iran after talks on a permanent end to the conflict sparked by the US and Israel in late February stalled. Later, earlier this week, postponed a planned attack against the Islamic Republic as talks continued.

source