Seven people were killed in Israeli attacks in Lebanon on Monday, according to the al-Jazeera station, the country’s Ministry of Health reported. The militant group Hezbollah said it fired a drone at a military target in northern Israel. TASR informs about it according to the report of the AFP agency.
- Seven people were killed in Monday’s Israeli attacks in Lebanon, according to authorities.
- Hezbollah responded to Israel’s ceasefire violation with a drone attack on the Iron Dome.
- Israeli army continues attacks in Lebanon despite extended ceasefire.
- Almost three thousand people have died in Lebanon since the attacks began in March.
- Pope Leo the Fourteenth warns against threats to the unity and integrity of Lebanon.
The Hezbollah movement, according to its statement, fired a drone at a device of the Israeli anti-aircraft system Iron Dome in a military facility in the north of the country in response to Israel’s violation of the ceasefire.
The Israeli army continued to strike in Lebanon despite a ceasefire that was extended for 45 days last Friday. On Monday, it called for the immediate evacuation of the residents of several villages in southern Lebanon, where it was preparing to attack. The army’s spokesman for the Arab audience, Avichaj Adrai, claimed on the X network that the attacks were in retaliation for Hezbollah’s ceasefire violations.
Hezbollah dragged Lebanon into the war on March 2 – two days after the US-Israeli attacks on Iran – when it began shelling Israel from Lebanese territory to avenge the death of Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei. Since then, almost 3,000 people have died in Israeli attacks in Lebanon, according to the latest balance of local authorities. Among them, more than 400 people have lost their lives since the conclusion of the ceasefire on April 16.
On Monday, Pope Leo XIV, who visited Lebanon last December, expressed great concern over the fate of Lebanon and the Middle East. He pointed out that the unity and integrity of this country are again threatened.
“This country, Lebanon, which is so dear to me and which has been proving to the whole world for so long that people of different cultures and religions can live together as one nation, continues to be subjected to severe trials,” said the Pope after meeting with one of the highest representatives of the Armenian Apostolic Church, Catholicos Aram I. in the Vatican. Aram I heads the Catholicosate of the Great House of Cilicia, based in Antelias, Lebanon, northeast of Beirut, and has jurisdiction over specific dioceses of that church outside of Armenia.